Your trip to Cornwall is not just about booking a fabulous cottage! We can also help you with planning your perfect holiday!
We have pulled together a network of wonderful, local people who all offer something a little different to the norm. Listed below are some ideas, all of these can be explained in more detail and where possible expanded on to make the experience truly bespoke for you and your family. There will be an information pack in your cottage which will give ideas and recommendations of places to visit but if you wish to really experience this magical part of Cornwall, we highly recommend considering some of the options below.
Demand for such services and experiences are always high so we ask that you book at least 4 weeks prior to your stay, the earlier the better if you have your heart set on something special!
For more information, to book or to discuss the options further please email Alison: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your fridge / freezer stocked with local produce on your arrival or during your stay
- A vegetable box of seasonal produce, including fresh local Cornish vegetables when available.
- A fruit box including lemons and limes ready for you to include in picnics or in your favourite drinks.
- Milk from either the “The Free Range Dairy” where the cows have the freedom to graze the lush pastures of the North Cornish coast or milk from Trink Dairy which is uniquely positioned overlooking both Penzance and St Ives bay and is the home of the Knowles’ family and their cows. One family, with one well-cared for herd, producing milk which is gently bottled by hand before it even leaves the farm gate.
- Local free range eggs.
- Meat packs or specific cuts of meat sourced from either a local family run rare- breed farm and butchery situated on the rugged West Penwith cliffs or from St Buryan where they specialise in delicious grass fed beef.
- A range of fresh or frozen meals that use local seasonal produce and meat – ready and waiting for you when you arrive. They are all made with produce from St Buryan Farm.
- Cakes made for those special events, or just because you’re on holiday! These are made by Kenneggy Cakes based in Higher Kenneggy since 2007. The baker specialise in fondant, and invites you to please take a look at her Facebook page ‘Kenneggy Cakes ‘ to see examples of her work and testimonials from her customers. She is passionate about making bespoke cakes and says she feels her job is done when people tell her they don’t want to cut them!
- Boat ride on a rib, your activity can include wild snorkelling, coast geology, lighthouses, photography – bespoke trips can be designed around you or you can join a group trip.
- Surfing at the famous Sennen beach, as part of a group or as a private lessons for you, your family or party. We have teamed up with the only surf school in Cornwall run by a family of professional surfers, including a British champion. After surfing you’ll be hungry, your package can include a brunch or dinner after your lesson
- Cycle Hire – there are wonderful places to cycle throughout West Cornwall, bikes can be pre-ordered and delivered to your door.
- Kayaking, Kite Surfing, Stand up Paddle Boarding (SUP) in the stunning waters of Mounts Bay. You can even take a ride on the Eco SUP, an ecological tour for up to 8 people using snorkels and bathyscopes for those interested in learning about the underwater environment around Marazion and St Michael’s Mount.
- Adventurous caving trips in Cornwall’s abandoned tin mines. Go below the surface and discover the subterranean world carved out by the Cornish miners over hundreds of years. Minimum age is 9 years old.
- Try Coasteering to gain a unique experience of the caves and coastline close to where you are staying. Minimum age is 9 years old.
- Try Rock Climbing on the stunning Cornish sea cliffs. Minimum age is 5 years old.
- A fishing trip with a twist, book a fishing trip either from a boat or from the shore and then be taught how to cook the fish, either from the comfort of your holiday home or build a fire and cook your catch on the beach.
- Guided foraging walks with the option to learn how to cook what you find.
- Capture your Cornish holiday memories, book a photoshoot with fabulous local photographer. He specialises in family and child photography.
- Bespoke Art experiences that are arranged to suit you and your party’s needs. They can include: drawing or painting in a local studio or at your holiday home, drawing and painting trips to local beauty spots, drawing and painting at local beaches or gardens with a café or restaurant lunch, sketching days, guided trips to galleries or a mixture of these activities.
And then Relax…
- Pamper yourself with a range of fabulous treatments from massage, reflexology, aromatherapy or facials in the comfort of your holiday house. The best way to ease the aches and pains of hiking the coastal path!
- If you don’t want to cook every night, we can book a chef to come and cook for you. This can be anything from a formal dining experience to a wonderful BBQ in your garden.
- We can also arrange for picnics to be provided for the beach or to have in your holiday house.
And finally for your pets.
If you are bringing your pet and need a dog-free day during your stay, we can recommend a doggy day care option for you at a local family run kennel. They provide a genuine loving care for your dogs and individual needs are catered for. Dogs are lead walked at least twice a day.
If you wish to know more or to book some of the above
Please contact Alison as soon as possible for full details and booking procedures. A service fee and delivery charge (if relevant) will be charged at the time of booking. Service fee will be 15% of the total value or a minimum fee of £5.
All options are subject to availability and please bear in mind that all tours, particularly those at sea are dependent on weather, tides and sea conditions and may have to be cancelled or postponed at short notice. Refunds will obviously be available if the tour cannot be rescheduled.