Why Porth Nanven House?
- Secluded Rural Retreat: Nestled in the picturesque Cot Valley, Porth Nanven House offers tranquil seclusion whilst being conveniently close to the vibrant town of St Just. So, you can take a leisurely stroll to town to stock up on beautiful local produce, have a coffee or cheeky cider and return in time for lunch in the garden!
- Generously Spacious & Fabulously Stylish: thoughtfully designed with families in mind. With three distinct living areas there is ample room for families to spread out. When it’s time for quality time together there is a spacious dining area or large garden table for al fresco dining.
- Breathtaking Sea Views: Positioned at the end of Cot Valley, the house boasts stunning sea vistas; facing west also means you will witness some incredible sunsets. Enjoy a cold glass of something in the spacious private garden and drink in those views!
- Welcoming Family Atmosphere: So much more than a holiday home, Porth Nanven House is first and foremost a family home, it exudes warmth and comfort and is equipped with everything you need to make your family holiday extra special.
- Modern Amenities: Whilst enjoying life off the beaten track, stay connected with high speed fibre broadband and make work a breeze with the dedicated summer sitting room doubling as a home office. A Sonos sound system and large projector Smart TV provide entertainment options for your family gatherings.
- Pet Friendly Haven: pets are cherished members of the family, and at Porth Nanven House they are welcome to join the adventure. Explore the surrounding footpaths right from the doorstep, offering endless opportunities for furry friends to roam and play! Gwenver beach is within a 15-minute drive, it’s a pet friendly beach year-round.
Your Rural Retreat; with Adventure on your Doorstep
Offering the ideal base for your adventurous family holiday. Picture arriving in a magical valley, discovering your beautiful retreat nestled at the end of the track, with stunning sea views, private garden and footpaths in all directions. Within an easy 15-minute drive you reach the wide sandy beaches of Sennen and Gwenver, ideal for honing your surfing skills with plenty of options to indulge in delicious food to recharge the batteries. In the evening, cherish quality family time together in the super stylish but comfortable house, ending the day by stargazing whilst toasting marshmallows on the fire pit. Your perfect family holiday awaits at Porth Nanven House.
Porth Nanven House is a stunning property located at the end of a rural lane in Cot Valley, an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Cot Valley is located in the far west of Cornwall between Cape Cornwall and Lands’ End. The tranquil valley stretches down to the sea, and beautiful Porth Nanven cove. Nearby is the vibrant market town of St Just, with a selection of fabulous independent food shops, a small co-op and a range of good pubs. The larger historic town of Penzance is 10 miles away with a wider range of shops, supermarkets, leisure centre, outdoor lido, pubs and critically acclaimed restaurants. The Scillonian ferry runs from Penzance, or nearby Lands’ End airport offers regular flights to the stunning Scilly Isles. Porth Nanven House is a beautiful, spacious and luxurious family home, set in an rural location, it is much, much more than your usual holiday home!
Situated at the end of a rural track, with just nearby Porth Nanven Cottage (which can be rented together for a large group) for company. There is parking for two cars. A large gate opens into a small, pretty courtyard, which ensures complete privacy to the front entrance to the house.
The front door opens into the open plan dining / kitchen area, with coat hooks and storage by the front door. The dining area is a large bright room, housing a very large dining table with plenty of seating. At the back of the dining area is a large, handmade kitchen with patio door out into the private garden. The kitchen is light and airy and well equipped with high quality kitchen equipment and plenty of storage space, making entertaining a large group a breeze. There is a 2-door Aga with two ovens and two hob plates. A large bespoke island unit housing a dishwasher at one end and small fridge at the other. There is a Belfast sink, large American style fridge / freezer and window seat looking out to sea. Step down from the dining room into a wonderful “summer sitting room”, with windows looking out over the garden and onto the sea. Designed as a total escape from it all, with comfortable sofa for curling up with a good book, this room can also be used as a home office should you need to work during your holiday. From the dining room there are two glazed doors into the “winter sitting room”. A cosy room with wood burner, sumptuous sofa, two armchairs and pull down TV screen with 5:1 surround sound. TV comes with Apple TV and full selection of Freeview channels. The house is fitted with high speed fibre optic WiFi which has been integrated into a network providing seemless and continuous coverage throughout the house and out into the garden. On the ground floor there are in-ceiling speakers connected via WiFi to Sonos allowing guests to listen to their favourite music throughout the ground floor.
At the back of the house is a small hallway with good storage for boots and coats with a downstairs loo. The stairs to first floor lead from the hallway.
There is a shower room at the top of the stairs with large shower enclosure, basin and loo. A small passageway leads into the master bedroom. A wonderfully spacious, double aspect room with views over the garden to the sea on one side and down the valley on the other. There is a very comfortable super-king bed positioned to maximise the stunning sea views, plenty of storage with chest of drawers and wardrobe. There is small single bedroom next to the main bedroom with views over the garden and sea. A passageway leads down towards the front of the house. Good-sized twin room (with zip and link beds so this room can be presented as a double if required). Next to this a family bathroom with roll top free standing bath, basin and loo. At the front of the house a lovely double bedroom with ensuite shower room, with large shower enclosure, basin and loo.
To the rear of the property is a beautiful, sunny, private garden, terraced in three sections and mostly laid to lawn. There is a large garden table to the side of the garden, with large BBQ. Please note that there is steep drop between the top and middle terrace, there is no fence so children and some pets must be accompanied when in this section of the garden. There is also a fire-pit located in the garden. Sundowners watching the magnificent sunsets are an absolute must whilst at Porth Nanven House!
Please note that Porth Nanven House is located in a rural and relatively isolated location – that is the beauty of the house; however, the lanes leading to the property are narrow with Cornish hedges and shrubs on either side. The council are responsible for keeping the lanes cut back so we cannot take any responsibility for the lane during your stay.
Although wonderfully isolated, inside the house is presented to a high standard with state of the art technology and fast broadband, so working from home is no issue during your stay.
Porth Nanven Cottage, which sleeps 4 people is located next door, the two properties are separate and totally private but can be rented together for a larger party.
Porth Nanven House is primarily a family home which is only available to rent for a few weeks per year; the house has not been available for a couple of years so the reviews may look out of date, but read on, they say it all!
“The location of the house is sublime, I couldn’t stop staring out of the windows towards the sea! We loved the wild garden which must be beautiful in spring time. The valley and surrounding area is great for bird watching and we spotted dolphins and porpoises almost every day.”
Shops & pubs found in St Just 2 miles away. Pets are welcome by prior agreement, we charge a pet fee of £25 per pet. The garden is not and cannot be made dog proof. Porth Nanven House is a non-smoking property. Arrival/Departure: Friday. Fast fibre-optic WIFI, Smart TV, central heating. Dedicated parking space for two cars.
|19 Jul - 26 Jul
|2 Aug - 9 Aug
|26 Jul - 2 Aug
|9 Aug - 16 Aug
Currently we are not able to accept short breaks.
Please don't hesitate to call us on 01736 761861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book this property now